Success Path - Step 3
IMPLEMENT™ Leader Training
Our advanced-level training for those who wish to launch and maintain Yoga 4 Classrooms as a schoolwide initiative.
Y4C’s IMPLEMENT Leader Training is our advanced training program for school-based teams and individual school professionals who have completed the foundational Yoga & Mindfulness in the Classroom Course, been inspired by the results of their own implementation, and would like to be empowered to launch and lead Yoga 4 Classrooms as a sustainable schoolwide initiative.
This ‘train-the-trainer’ leadership program was developed to inspire and empower schools to affordably, effectively, and sustainably integrate Y4C schoolwide by providing training and resources to support implementation from the inside.
Join us for engaging, interactive education, planning and support. Go back to your school ready to LEAD and IMPLEMENT!
Who should attend?
School-based teams and individual school professionals who have completed the foundational Yoga & Mindfulness in the Classroom Course, have been inspired by the results of their own implementation, and would like to be empowered to launch and lead Yoga 4 Classrooms as a sustainable schoolwide initiative.
Why is my school encouraged to send a team to the Yoga 4 Classrooms IMPLEMENT Leader Training?
Experience has taught us that empowering schools to implement from the inside is the most effective and sustainable way to truly integrate a comprehensive program like Yoga 4 Classrooms into a school culture. Model schools have successfully integrated Y4C into their daily structures by attending training and developing a customized, phased action plan together with our support. Teaming in schools promotes a collaborative, sustainable intervention. And ongoing costs are minimized as implementation becomes an internal endeavor, eliminating dependence upon external program providers.
Who should be included on a school team?
Send your leaders! If you already have a strong school SEL and/or Safe & Healthy Schools-related leadership team, you’re all set. If you are still forming one, we encourage you to think about your “shining stars” combined with key stakeholders in your building – staff members who are positive, creative, energetic motivators. Ideally, these leaders will already possess a strong belief in the importance of social and emotional learning and movement as important foundations for learning, resilience and healthy, whole-child development. As well, they likely have experience with, or at least a keen interest in, the practice of yoga and mindfulness.
A school team might include a building or district administrator, school counselor, social worker, teachers from across grade levels representing general and special education, as well as allied professionals and school support staff (interventionist / behavior consultant, OT, PT, school psychologist, speech/language professional, etc.). Of course, team size will vary depending on the unique needs and resources of individual schools or districts.
Can individuals attend without a team?
Absolutely! Motivated individual school professionals are always welcome to attend and benefit from the IMPLEMENT Leader Training!
Prerequisites for attending IMPLEMENT Leader Training:
1) You currently hold a position as a salaried staff member of a school or district and are inspired and motivated to lead implementation of yoga, mindfulness and SEL practices schoolwide individually or as part of a school leadership team.
2) You have completed the foundational 6hr. Yoga & Mindfulness in the Classroom course (any format) and have earned a certificate of completion.
3) You have spent some time gaining experience with Yoga 4 Classrooms by actively and consistently using the tools acquired in the foundational training with your own students. It is important that you have some solid experience integrating the program into your daily routines prior to attending the IMPLEMENT Leader Training.
4) You have a personal mindfulness-based practice and/or are fully dedicated to continuing your own study and practice of mindfulness in whatever form that may take for you, e.g., meditation, yoga, mindfulness, continuing education courses, etc.
5) You are 100% committed to completing the home-study and assignments given as part the training.
- Define self-care and mindful self-compassion and identify how prioritizing these skills can create and sustain supportive learning environments while maintaining and nourishing educator well-being and resilience.
- Assess current concerns, structures, vision/mission and goals of your school (or district).
- Describe challenges and identify related opportunities for planning and implementation the Y4C program.
- Identify field research and best practices for the implementation of yoga and mindfulness in schools.
- Find and examine case studies, articles and cohort shares as it relates to current and future implementation ideas and planning.
- Design a customized, phased, realistic action plan and timeline for school-wide implementation.
- Define and identify “stakeholders” and develop a plan for gaining buy-in support.
- Plan brief presentations to full length professional development trainings for adults in the school community and other stakeholders using the resources, templates and tools provided.
- Identify and assess materials and resources for collecting data, procuring funding, providing parent education, creating handouts and classroom displays, and more.
- Describe opportunities for ensuring ongoing education and support.
What’s included in the IMPLEMENT™ Leadership Training?
- 17 live virtual meeting hours led by Lisa Flynn and Y4C Trainers, along with special topic expert guests and 1 to 1.5 hours of home study between meetings to include videos and assignments to be completed at your convenience
- An introduction to self-care and mindful self-compassion which focuses on promoting core skills and habits of mind teachers and school leaders need to create and sustain supportive learning environments while maintaining and nourishing their own well-being and resilience.
- Case studies (including live presentations) showcasing how other Y4C IMPLEMENT Leaders have integrated Yoga 4 Classrooms schoolwide
- Comprehensive curriculum review and training to ensure leaders are well prepared to share all aspects of the program with their school communities
- Interactive implementation action planning and support
- Reference and planning materials to ensure staff and administration support, learning, brainstorming, action planning and implementation
- Membership in the private IMPLEMENT Leaders Facebook group designed to provide a space for open, ongoing conversation and support: Q&As with Y4C staff and other members, exchange of ideas, articles and research, and other helpful, inspirational tips, websites and more to support your efforts
- Extensive digital repository of IMPLEMENT Leader materials including, but not limited to:
- Yoga 4 Classrooms Professional Development Workshop Curriculum
- 10- and 18-lesson Elementary Curricula
- 5-lesson Middle-School / High School Curriculum
- Presentation outlines
- Inspirational case studies
- Library of helpful videos
- Family education tools
- Database of supporting and related research and articles
- Data collection resources and supports
- Forms, templates and other supporting documents
- Action planning worksheets
- Funding tools and tips
- Individual activity card digital files for creating classroom and school displays
- and more…
- Opportunity to utilize our school consulting and training services for additional support and guidance as needed
- Opportunity to access updates and new materials as they are developed and released
- Eligibility to participate in additional professional development opportunities in person or online to support school-wide implementation
- Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of an online quiz/reflection and evaluation
- CEs, PDPs may be earned for a variety of professions, plus apply to earn 1-3 graduate-level credits from the University of the Pacific-Benerd College (see CE / PD for Salary Advancement & Recertification information).
CE’s, CEUs or PDPs may be available through your employer or credentialing organization. As employers and credentialing organizations have their own requirements and application process, you should confirm that your training hours (17 contact hours + 6 non-contact hours) will apply toward your degree or continuing education or professional development requirements.
Additionally, through our partner, University of the Pacific – Benerd College17 you may apply to earn up to 3 graduate-level credits upon completion of a professional development learning opportunity with Yoga 4 Classrooms.
Registered Yoga Teachers earn 17 Continuing Education Contact Hours for this workshop when presented by an E-RYT / YAECP. Contact us at email@example.com to verify your presenter is an E-RYT / YAECP. Contact hours for this training are also valid toward the Yoga Alliance specialty designation of Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT) for those completing ChildLight Education Company’s 95hr. Registered Children’s Yoga School (RCYS).
Upon completion of this training, educators may apply to earn 1-3 graduate-level professional development semester credits through the University of the Pacific-Benerd College at a cost of just $62 per credit. The credits offered are post-baccalaureate, graded, graduate-level semester credits/units, provided directly through the university and are specifically designed to meet the needs of educators for salary advancement and re-certification. The credits are acceptable where local districts approve and applicable to state licensing where authorized. We always encourage you to check with your employer for acceptability of these credits. Course participants are responsible to determine acceptability of these credits for their intended use. Each graduate-level semester credit/unit is equivalent to 15 hours of academic involvement. Learn more and apply now!
“I want to thank you so much for the GREAT training you gave. I truly respect and value your commitment to this work. …It is truly amazing how each time we met for our training sessions, it continued to clarify my mission and action plan! I am so inspired and encouraged to move forward after participating!”
– Elanit, High School Health / Physical Education Teacher
“I just wanted to let you know that I just gave the 1 hour introduction PD today and it went so well! My administration went right to the assistant superintendent and requested the activity card decks for every classroom. I will be giving the 6 hour training sometime within the next month for all the staff who sign up. And, my 5th graders are just loving it. I have gotten so many compliments about how zen my class is. I so appreciate your work!”
– A. Young, G5 Teacher
“I can’t thank you enough for all of the wonderful materials…I have been amazed each time we’ve sat down to plan for meetings – everything is already done for us! It’s fantastic!”
– Jane Costello, Special Educator, SPED School, NJ
“The entire Yoga 4 Classrooms initial training and IMPLEMENT Leader training are probably the best online trainings I have ever taken…I can tell that an extreme amount of planning and discipline has been put into this program in order to present everything in such a succinct and easy to access manner.”
– D.J., School Counselor
“We so appreciated having the team time to brainstorm and your one on one support. We were provided with a phenomenal wealth of information to utilize as needed and our sessions were incredibly productive…we have a great plan that feels completely doable!”
“The training was very motivating! I’m excited to get out there and make it happen!”
– E.D., G2 Reading Teacher
“I can’t thank you enough for this amazing opportunity. The training was fantastic and coming out of it I feel 100% capable of implementing this program into our school. You are so knowledgeable and your background and work is so admirable. Thanks again!”
– G.W., School Social Worker
“We are a Y4C school! And I am having great success with intentional, phased training and implementation!”
– Megan, Kindergarten Teacher, MN
“Yoga 4 Classrooms initial training and IMPLEMENT training are probably the best online trainings I have ever taken… an extreme amount of planning and discipline has been put in to present everything in such a succinct and easy to access manner. Thank you!”
– D.J., School Counselor
“Thanks for all of your guidance and support, this has been one of the most inspiring experiences of my career thus far!”
– Emily, Elem Teacher
“All the resources you have given us are invaluable!”
“Thank you for knowing it is what we all need and making this your life’s work. More than ever we need the skills to self regulate, be grounded and find loving kindness for ourselves and those around us. Your extensive research, articles and knowledge is so incredibly helpful and generous! I will be pushing Y4C into our school even more, as well as introducing throughout our district. I hope to continue to come back for more trainings to keep myself fresh and continue to learn from the pros.”
– Melissa Dion, Special Educator
“It was very rewarding to be able to hear case studies and from others in the cohort from across the country about the reasons and ways Y4C can be implemented in a variety of programs, with a variety of populations.”
– D. Smith, SEL Director
“SO many helpful/beneficial materials…The instructors were amazing! And, it was awesome to do zoom!”
– K.N., Speech and Language Pathologist
“I just wanted to say thank you for all of your time and knowledge you shared with us! You’ve showed us that we need to make time for wellness and intention in our day. As much as I’m excited for the benefits that this program is already having for students, I am also excited for how it will affect my ability to slow down and appreciate the moment. I am so grateful that I have this knowledge and training and to be heading into schoolwide implementation!
– Lindsey, G2 Teacher
“Everything was fantastic and just what my soul needed in the middle of a pandemic!”
– A.M, School Administrator
“I started our Professional Learning Meeting Y4C activities and rec’d a ton of great feedback. I then met with my supervisor to set up a more defined action plan for my school and the district and I sent a survey to the eight classroom teachers who received the initial training and all eight responses were: “YES, let’s get started as soon as we can!” So, we are moving right along! Again, thank you for everything! I am so well prepared to lead implementation in school!”
“This training was flawless and amazing…”
– A.Y., School Resiliency Coordinator
“The whole program was fantastic! I have already gotten great feedback on my plan from my Asst. Superintendent. She is really on board and I’ll be doing a workshop for all the principals and counselors next week!”
– Hailee, Educator
“Awesome training! I loved collaborating with others and sharing ideas and experiences and the extra time for action planning and support. Great support on how we can modify ideas to meet our needs.”
– Martha, Behavior Strategist
FALL COHORT 2023 (Live Remote Format)
Dates: November 1 – 3, 2023 (Wednesday eve -Friday)
Registration Deadline: Friday, 10/20/23
Format: Live Remote via Zoom + Home Study
Meeting Days & Times:
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 6 – 9pm EST (5 – 8pm CST / 3 – 6pm PST)
Thursday, Nov. 2, 9am – 5pm EST (8am – 4pm CST / 6am – 2pm PST)
Friday, Nov. 3, 9am – 5pm EST (8am – 4pm CST / 6am – 2pm PST)
Contact Hours: 17
Home Study Component / Non-Contact Hours: 6
Please plan for 1 hour of pre-training assignments (email will be sent one week prior) in addition to 1 hour between sessions for completion of assignments.
Tuition and Materials:
$500 per person for 3-5 school team members
$475 per person for 6+ school team members
For 11+ school/district team members, please contact us for a custom quote.
(To register a group with or without a purchase order, click here.)
“Refresher” Attendance: $189 per person, Contact us
Schedule a Private Staff/Group IMPLEMENT Leader Training:
Please contact us to request a proposal for a remote or in person training for your group. Learn more about the Schools / School Districts Implementation Success Path.
To Introduce Yoga and Mindfulness in the Classroom, This District Starts With Its Teachers
Education Week features a Yoga 4 Classrooms IMPLEMENT Leader Training.